Service work at the University of Michigan
- Associate Vice President for Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering, 2012 - present
- As associate vice president for research, natural sciences and engineering, Sick serves as liaison between the Office of the Vice President of Research (OVPR) and scholarly and creative activities across the university in the natural sciences and engineering. As a senior member of the OVPR administrative team, he helps orchestrate major interdisciplinary initiatives, deals with policy issues and works with Federal Relations for Research to promote the university’s research agenda.
- I serve as the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Planning and Implementation Lead for the Office of Research.
- Lead investigator for the MTRAC - Advanced Transportation Innovation Hub, 2014 - present
- Director, W. E. Lay Automotive Laboratory 2011-2015
- Faculty advisor to International Programs in Engineering 2007-2012
- Faculty advisor to MRacing and MSAE 2005-2010
- Graduate Program Chair 2000-2001
- Chair, Academic Advisory Board, FISITA, 2017 - 2018
- Editor of the Proceedings of the Combustion Institute
- Editorial Board for Progress in Energy and Combustion Science
- Editorial Advisory Board for Experiments in Fluids
- Past activities include numerous leadership roles at SAE International, and conference organization with the Optical Society of America amongst others